The Institute was founded on 13 March 1947. The aim was to start a school for deaf children in the North. The first school that was established, was Transoranje School for the Deaf, on 16 August 1954. It became clear, however, that the Institute would also have to establish schools for children with other disabilities.
Needs driven, Christian and compassionate support to learners with special education requirements.
To enable learners of the five Institute schools to reach their potential within a Christian ethos, through the application of resources and services to that end.
SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING SCHOOLS
Martie du Plessis High School for the CereTbral Palsied – Bloemfontein
Prinshof School for the Visually Impaired – Pretoria CBD
Sonitus School for the Hearing Impaired – East Lynne
Transoranje School for the Deaf – Pretoria West
Transvalia School for Epilepsy and Learning Disabilities – East Lynne